Hi there, I am trying to start an intro to backpacking mini course, and would love some feedback on the curriculum in the survey and backpacking in general (even if you haven't been backpacking)!
Duration: 7 weeks
Class size: 2-8 people
Skill level: beginner (based on experience/activity level classes will vary)
- 5 x day hikes, with other adventurous hikers
- 1 x overnight trip to safely navigate the world of backpacking
- 5 x optional written workouts that are tailored to your activity level and available equipment.
- Stretch routines that will help make hiking easier and the next day more mobile
- Exploration into state, regional and national parks of California
- Safety, gear, food, and planning information so you can do it all yourself!
Week 1: Day Hike #1 /Meet and Greet
Week 2: Day Hike #2/ Gear Talk
Week 3: Day Hike #3/ Safety
Week 4: SKIPPED WEEKEND
Week 5: Day Hike #4 / Food
Week 6: Day Hike #5 / Planning
Week 7: Overnighter/ Goal Achieving
- Have you ever been backpacking?
- Why do you (want to) backpack?
- Based on the course description - would you be interested in taking this class? What makes you want to commit or run the other way?
- What are your biggest fears/concerns with going backpacking?
- If you have to add something to the class to make it 10x better for you - what would you add or change?
from Outdoors https://ift.tt/2OxtAOt
Post a Comment